For a much closer look at the transition from childhood to adulthood, including more advice for people with cystinosis and their caregivers, download the Transitions brochure, created by the Cystinosis Research Network.
- Cystinosis Transitioning Guide, Cystinosis Research Network website. Available at https://cystinosis.org/research/article-library/transition. Accessed August 20, 2015.
- Cystinosis Parent Handbook, Cystinosis Research Network website. Available at https://cystinosis.org/images/research/article-library/overview/Cystinosis-Parent-Handbook-Final.pdf. Accessed August 20, 2015.
- Brodin-Sartorius A, Tète M-J, Niaudet P, et al. Cysteamine therapy delays the progression of nephropathic cystinosis in late adolescents and adults. Kidney Int. 2012;81:179-189.
- Gahl WA, Thoene JG, Schneider JA. Cystinosis. N Engl J Med. 2002;347(2):111-121.
- Gahl WA, Balog JZ, Kleta R. Nephropathic cystinosis in adults: Natural history and effects of oral cysteamine therapy. Ann Intern Med. 2007;147:242-250.
- Levtchenko EN, van Dael CM, de Graaf-Hess AC, et al. Strict cysteamine dose regimen is required to prevent nocturnal cystine accumulation in cystinosis. Pediatr Nephrol. 2006;21:110-113.
- Nesterova G, Gahl WA. Cystinosis: The evolution of a treatable disease. Pediatr Nephrol. 2013;28:51-59.